• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to [email protected] if interested!

The Naval War in the Mediterranean, 1940-1943

jbroshot

Discovered this book on the Naval Institute Press website

The Naval War in the Mediterranean, 1940-1943

I have a similar soft cover book by the same authors that I bought years ago so I don't know if this is a reprint, a revised version or, to quote Monty Python's Flying Circus, "and now for something completely different".
I am laid up after surgery for broken hip and can't get to my library to check on the book that I have

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
My copy was published 1998 by Chatham Publishing in the UK.
Greene Mediterranean.jpg

Given the write-up on the NIP doesn't mention it is a revised/updated copy, I would assume it is a straight reprint.

Pista! Jeff

jbroshot

Thanks! I believe that is the one I have.
I have another one these authors wrote that is more of a pamphlet bigger with fewer pages and also covers the army and air force, with, if I remember correctly, orders of battle for all three forces as of June 10, 1940
Also if I remember correctly I bought it at an Origins in the last century

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Greene did two handbooks. The first was undated but was likely published in the mid-1980s given the planned publication of vol. II in 1988-89 as mentioned in the introduction. The second was an expanded version published in 1990 and likely replaced the idea of a volume II. Both were self-published. I acquired both when they first were offered. Back then there was little in English on the R.E., the R.M. having better coverage. The R.A. in English was mainly only aircraft books and no overarching account of the air force during the war.

Greene Handbooks.jpg

Pista! Jeff

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Mine has been well used.....

Andreas

Jack is quite active on facebook, and responds to questions there.

All the best

Andreas