godaddy web
stats

Conte di Cavour Class Battleship

A port side view of the Conte di Cavour

“Cesare” and “Cavour” were built in 1912 and were the first units to be rebuilt in 1933. Work included improvement of artillery from 305 to 320mm caliber, substitution of engines and remodeling of shape. While “Cesare” and “Doria”originally belonged in the same class, differences in refitting was so great, that in WWII they were seen as different classes.