I decided to incorporate a small section of this website to talk a little about why I developed it and the purpose/needs of the website. I often get emails throughout the week requesting information about my interests in Italian history, questions regarding Italian actions of WWII and how someone can contribute to the site. I am hoping this page will help answer many of your questions, and perhaps generate more interest in Comando Supremo: Italy at War.
Comando Supreme was begun in January of 2000 because there was a limited amount of information in the web dedicated to Italian actions during World War Two. What little was available, usually gave an inaccurate portrayal of the brave and resourceful men who fought under the Italian flag. There are a handful of sites on the Italian war effort that are done well, and most of which are linked on this site.
I would first like to state that the information available on this site is tremendous, with over 200 pages of information in which very little of it actually came from me. If it was not for the many devoted and kind students of Italian military history, this website would only be a fraction of what it is now. Although I consider myself to be somewhat knowledgeable on Italian World War Two history, I rely on the excellent contributions of regulars on this site to keep Comando Supremo: Italy at War growing. In short, I like to think of this website’s purpose as a medium in allowing all Italian World War Two information to be stored and I will continue striving until this website becomes the first source people come to on the net to learn and share the unbiased truth about Italy in the war.
Frederick P.: Webmaster
Lupo Solitario: Moderator
What Can You Do To Help
Believe it or not, you are helping right now just by visiting this site, which is the whole purpose to start with. But as with anything, it costs money and many, many hours of work to keep something like this going. You can help in many ways, some of which cost nothing to you. Here are some examples:
* You can spread the word about this site.
* You can become active in the forum.
* You can provide articles (including photos) to the site. It’s a great way to get your literature promoted!
* You can purchase books listed on this site. Every article has a listing of select books related to the subject at the bottom of each page
* You can submit a monetary donation using your own personal Paypal Account. I am listed under webmaster(at)comandosupremo.com. Replace the (at) with @.
* You can purchase Posters, Mugs, T-Shirts and various other items from our Novelty Store!
* If none of these options are good for you, email me for further opportunities.
This website costs hundreds of dollars a year to maintain and expand. As you can see, I am the only one who inputs the data on this website and the only one who pays it’s bills. My pledge to you as a contributor is that all income goes directly back into this website, either through paying the server and domain fees, or through purchases of documentation to add to the site. For those of you that have been visiting since the very beginning, you have seen how much this site has grown and become “professionalized” thanks directly to your contributions.
Please Do Not…
* Email me questions about Italian World War Two actions. That is what the forum is for.
* Assume that I or this site is Fascist. I am very much a Democratic individual and this site is strictly historical in nature. Furthermore, I do not tolerate pro-Fascist ideology on the Forum.
* Link this website through yours in frames. Please allow it to be a external link.
* Do not use information provided on this site without proper credit, my consent or the consent of the original author(s).
On a Final Note…
I want to thank each of you for visiting Comando Supremo: Italy at War. If you have any other questions, please feel free to email me. Thanks for visiting!
Comando Supremo: Italy at War