The final evolution of the Italian Condottieri light cruiser design. The “Garibaldi” sacrificed high speed in favor of good protection and improved firepower (the two 152mm extra cannons were distributed between 2 three-gun towers and two 2-gun ones). These ships had excellent history of service, which also saw an Atlantic cruise in 1944. The good quality of these ships is evident by its permanence in service, “Garibaldi” was decommissioned in 1976.
|Main Guns||10×152/53mm, 8×100/47mm|
|Secondary Guns||8×37/54mm, 8×13,2mm, 6 tls 533mm|
|Armor||130mm vertical /40mm horizontal|
|Class||Giuseppe Garibaldi, Luigi di Savoia, Duca degli Abruzzi|
Information Courtesy Lupo Solitario