Message from the Comando Supremo staff
Follow us now on Twitter!
- Active Posts:
- 1,727 (0.5 per day)
- Most Active In:
- Units, Battles and Events (1253 posts)
- 22-May 07
- Profile Views:
- Last Active:
- Today, 09:17 PM
- Member Title:
- Primo Maresciallo dell Impero
- 46 years old
- January 1, 1970
- Not Telling
Topics I've Started
11 October 2016 - 02:55 PM
This is an extract from KR 40-43: cronache di guerra Giulio Grilletta. It lists the 21º Legione components at 1 December 1940. I found it interesting that the HQ in Catanzaro does not seem to have any AA batterie. Whole Legion has at this time 2 batteries of 76/40 (3 guns each) at Crotone plus a manipuloe of HMG for close protection and 3 Batteries of 20mm and a Centuria of HMG at Sila - where there was a dam for energy production.
From my notes there was only one battery in this Legion at war start in June 1940.
This was the only Legion that i could get so detailed information. Anyone has more from others?
08 October 2016 - 01:15 PMThe excellent scan that Maurizio posted here http://it.tinypic.co...?pic=atrq8g&s=9 make possible see the level of Libyan non divisional troops:
5 Armata = 5807 men
- 50, 51 companies Mitraglieri Libiche = 240 men
-II Grp Squadrone Savari( 1,5,6,7 Squadrone)= 120 menx4 = 480 men
-I gruppo squadroni spahis( said to have 4 squadron of 110 men each) = 440 men
-III gruppo squadroni spahis( said to have 3 squadron of 110 men each) = 330 men
-IV gruppo squadroni spahis( said to have 3 squadron of 110 men each) = 330 men
-1 Parachutist Lib."Fanti dell'Aria" = ~500 men
-1 Parachutist Bn.Para.Nazionale ( probably considered Libyan too since troops were local) = ~300 men
-III battaglione libico = 650 men
- XVI Bn Libico "Azizia" = 650
- XVII Bn Libico "Tarhuna" = 650
- XVIII Bn Libico "Garian" = 650
- XIX Bn Libico "Soffegin" = 650
- 1 btg. speciale artieri Libico = 450 men?
- 1 btg. misto collegamenti Libico = 450 men?
5 Armata counted Totals : 6770 men Total from document we have is 5807 men
10 Armata = 5000 men
I Btg. Libico "Zuara" - 650 men
IV Libico "Merghreb" - existed?
V Libico "Ghibla" - 650 men
-1? compagnia automitragliatrici libica(Bardia-Amseat) = ~100?
- 3,6,14,15,18,19º compagnie mitraglieri da posizione libico(Bardia-Amseat) = 120x6 = 720
>>2? compagnia automitragliatrici libica (Giarabub) = ~100
- 3 x compagnie mitraglieri da posizione libico (unknow number)= 120x3= 360
10 Armata counted Totals: 2480 , Document = 5000
Sahara Libico(not only Libyan) = 6302 men
- 52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,60 Companies Mitraglieri Libiche = 120x9 = 1080 men
- 1, 2,3 comp. meharisti = 3x 318 men = 954 men - it is possible that there was a 4th company but i have question mark on it. ---> Allegato 4 says: 1435 quadrupeds in Truppe Sahara Libico
- 1,2.3.4 Sahariana =( between 70 to 140 men each) so a median of 105 men x4 = 420 men
- Gruppo Camellato Tuareg probably around 100 men, but this is just a guess.
- 2nd Squadrone Autoblindo Savari = 150 men
Sahara Libico accounted Totals: 2704 ; document: 6302
Tobruch seems to not have any Libyan troops any idea if that is correct?
Missing some troops and 5 Armata has excess troops. Maybe the parachutists were at Benghazi under 10 Armata or more Libyan Battalions.
Also i don't knoe if the local CCNN is not considered Libyan.
Anyone with eventual missing units?
01 October 2016 - 11:13 AMThis a specualtive work in progress about XX Corpo d'Armata based on Allegato nº4 weapon and equipment totals.
I am probably missing some minor units like local CCNN and Parachute Nazionale(just occured to me).
PS: there is a mistake in 30 Raggr. it is 12 batteries despite saying 11.
08 September 2016 - 10:12 PMWhile the tankettes and tanks are well known what about motorized infantry units and their vehicles
For example what motorized infantry in task force colunna d'Avanzo, Raggruppamento Maletti, Babini Brigata Corrazzata Speciale ?
I know that 10º Bersaglieri was sent from Italy in September, but what about other units that were motorized in place?
13 August 2016 - 08:49 PMWere they able to sustain bomber operations? I know Pantellaria had an almost invulnerable underground hangar. So i suppose this one was able to. What about Lampedusa had already a landing ground at War start?
Dili hasn't added any friends yet.