Why So Quiet?

#1 User is offline   david 

• Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationDevon. England

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:40 AM

Guys.

So little being posted here.

Good questions on the Italians in WWII being asked and answered on Axis History Forum.

Do we need to raise our profile?

Does anyone out there have any constructive ideas?

Kind Regards,
a concerned David.
Cheers; Dave.

#2 User is offline   Dili 

• Primo Maresciallo dell Impero
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 August 2016 - 03:10 AM

Well the Italian contingent seems to not have been here. I keep coming, but my posts got no answer.

I am not seeing that much in Axis forum to tell you the truth.

#3 User is offline   david 

• Staff
  • LocationDevon. England

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:30 AM

Yes, I too look every day, but apart from today it's always the same, "Sorry no new content found".
Cheers; Dave.

#4 User is offline   Annales2 

• Sergente Maggiore

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

No one can claim I haven't done my bit!!! Several articles and numerous forum posts this year and last. Tired myself out. Even got banned by you know who!

I really don't know why there aren't more contributors, especially in light of the Italian war effort having been so misunderstood and misrepresented for so long. I would like to contribute another couple of articles, but it would look lopsided and without contributory balance if I did.

Still, even as quiet as it is, Comando Supremo is a valuable and fairly reliable source of information about Italy's under-rated role, performance and presence in the war, and should be maintained for as long as possible.

#5 User is offline   Peleliu81 

• Maresciallo Maggiore
  • LocationNE Ohio

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:40 PM

Hello,

Here are some ideas:

1. Need to push to have new content. Take proactive approach and reach out to past contributors, or post a section with ideas of topics not covered or desired. Explain process of submitting an article to be reviewed and if accepted, posted.
2. Put the Forum up on front page. This is the section the is most likely to have daily content, put it front and center.
3. Change up the front page board to rotate articles. We have a section for latest, which is great, but the same Biography and Weapons article have been staring people in the face for 6 years.....
4. Make the articles easier to find. There used to be a tab up top called Articles. Think it gets lost a bit on side. Maybe clicking it gives list of ALL Article names. That way you don't have to page through pages looking at content to find something you like.
5. A daily spot, front page, "Today In History" that gives a paragraph about what happened that day in WW2 related to the Italian cause.

On a personal note, I had grown very frustrated on the amount of spam I was receiving. (Comments to my articles would generate an e-mail asking to approve or trash it. I started getting dozens a day selling junk). I reached out to site owner multiple times to ask for help, and never heard back once. I just ended up blocking all e-mails from Comando Supremo. Kind of turned me off site a bit......

Just some ideas.

#6 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff
  • LocationLeavenworth, KS

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:05 PM

I no longer see/have the log-on button for the main page so I can't do anything there. I have e-mailed and PM Frederick numerous times and have not received a reply.

I have therefore spent my time where I can actually do something.

Pista! Jeff
btg. sciatori Alpini Monte Cervino (reenacted)
19 reggimento fanteria Brescia (reenacted)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users