Comando Supremo: Operation Sea Lion - Comando Supremo

Jump to content

Icon Message from the Comando Supremo staff

Follow us now on Twitter!


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Operation Sea Lion No-reserve eBay auction

#1 User is offline   fredleander 

  • Sottotenente
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: 04-July 11
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

For your information I am putting up a no-reserve eBay auction every 10th day on my book on Operation Sea Lion. Here is link to the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

I'll sign it if you like...:)...

Fred
www.fredleander.com - River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion

#2 User is offline   fredleander 

  • Sottotenente
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: 04-July 11
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

View Postfredleander, on 13 February 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

For your information I am putting up a no-reserve eBay auction every 10th day on my book on Operation Sea Lion. Here is link to the auction:

I'll sign it if you like...:)...

Fred


New auction: http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1555.l2649

Fred
www.fredleander.com - River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion

#3 User is offline   BlackHornet 

  • Caporale Maggiore
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 55
  • Joined: 19-December 08

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Looks like someone got it. Tell us about the book? Most consider Sealion a foregone conclusion, Mike Spick wrote one where Germans had the DO 19 in large numbers. http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/185367611X If they'd run a pipe across al la operation Pluto, it solves one of the biggest problems, that being the necessity of capturing a port so as to solve the issue of supply. Siebels & MFP's would have been handy in 1940.

I've always remained neutral with all the variables. weather, ( which can work in the attackers favor, cloud cover makes location of invasion craft difficult), Go at night with bad weather, you just might get across, but then you might get swamped & sunk. Ability to get off the beaches & move forwards rapidly etc. Not as easy subject to quantify with certitude.

Operation Pluto
http://en.wikipedia....Operation_Pluto
0

#4 User is offline   fredleander 

  • Sottotenente
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: 04-July 11
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostBlackHornet, on 30 July 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Looks like someone got it. Tell us about the book? Most consider Sealion a foregone conclusion, Mike Spick wrote one where Germans had the DO 19 in large numbers. http://www.amazon.co...y/dp/185367611X If they'd run a pipe across al la operation Pluto, it solves one of the biggest problems, that being the necessity of capturing a port so as to solve the issue of supply. Siebels & MFP's would have been handy in 1940.

I've always remained neutral with all the variables. weather, ( which can work in the attackers favor, cloud cover makes location of invasion craft difficult), Go at night with bad weather, you just might get across, but then you might get swamped & sunk. Ability to get off the beaches & move forwards rapidly etc. Not as easy subject to quantify with certitude.

Operation Pluto
http://en.wikipedia....Operation_Pluto



www.fredleander.com - River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion

#5 User is offline   Annales 

  • Soldato
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11
  • Joined: 11-May 14

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

From what I've read, Hitler was never really serious about Operation Sealion. He admitted to Count Ciano that the risk of failure was too great. A failure would tarnish the image of invincibility of the German Army.

He over-estimated the British.

So what does he do? He goes off and invades Russia, an enemy he severely underestimated.


View Postfredleander, on 01 August 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:


0

#6 User is offline   fredleander 

  • Sottotenente
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 219
  • Joined: 04-July 11
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostAnnales, on 11 August 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

From what I've read, Hitler was never really serious about Operation Sealion. He admitted to Count Ciano that the risk of failure was too great. A failure would tarnish the image of invincibility of the German Army.

He over-estimated the British.

So what does he do? He goes off and invades Russia, an enemy he severely underestimated.





Stoopid man. The British should consider themselves very lucky. And all the others....The Russians saved the West - now everybody's at their throat...Posted Image

Fred

.

www.fredleander.com - River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


Similar Topics Collapse

  Topic Forum Started By Stats Last Post Info
*New Replies german snipers and sharpshooters research World War Two General Discussion Guest_dlowenhamn_* 
  • 0 Replies
  • 1,425 Views
*New Replies Operational unitis equipped with the Mc.202 Folgore Units, Battles and Events Guest_JeanFabricio_* 
  • 8 Replies
  • 3,515 Views
*New Replies XXXII battaglione ControCarro ''Granatieri di Sardegna" Units, Battles and Events Guest_joemoro_* 
  • 0 Replies
  • 1,645 Views
New Replies Operation Flashpoint MOD: Italy WW2 Wargamers Forum gbotto 
  • 1 Reply
  • 1,884 Views
New Replies Maps of Italian Military operations? Units, Battles and Events semo75 
  • 6 Replies
  • 2,547 Views

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users