Comando Supremo: That Sand (Still) Blowing About, A Bit... - Comando Supremo

Icon Message from the Comando Supremo staff

Follow us now on Twitter!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

That Sand (Still) Blowing About, A Bit... Direction RE Updates for 2011/12 seasons in the UK.

#1 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • Group: Members
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

Camerati,

This is the Desert Chic of the Pavia Division for the year 2011.... next to find some sand to stand in.. :blink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Note I'm trying to keep the sand out of my working parts.... tight underpants can solve more problems than they cause.

One thing of note la Boras Antigas e Borraccia da 2 Litri slings really cut into my shoulder muscles, both were loaded with Water or Gear, I will not wear the straps so close to my neck next time.

Ciao!.

#2 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

It looks as if you have just disembarked on the N african front.
Why are you looking wistful and casually hanging about the docks , you waiting for someone ?
A litle bit suspect is it not ?
The Carabanieri will be looking for suspicious people like you.
Go and find your unit in the southern desert quickly..!
Concerned :blink:
M

#3 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

Camerata Larrusso,
Would you believe some Tedeschi stole my Transport?, it doesn't bode well.... :blink: I'm not even eating AS yet!

Are you at Bovington this week?

#4 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:20 PM

Afraid not... bad month...skint ...!
Are you going to Bovy ?
Hopefully be at 'War and Peace ' Show.

#5 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

View Postlarrusso, on 24 June 2011 - 12:20 PM, said:

Afraid not... bad month...skint ...!
Are you going to Bovy ?
Hopefully be at 'War and Peace ' Show.

No Camerata, I'm out of Work... I tread carefully like yourself, but Beltring will be a Gig I get to, all Pavia'ed and Bersaglieri'ed up with "There and Back again"... the Company Bar will be deployed, Grappa, Lemoncello,Campari, Gin.... all on tap for Cocktails if we have a rather good luncheon and MOP End Ex... I dare say I will send a little something over to you .

Looking forward to it Big man, I hope you can make it down for the rebellion :lol: .

#6 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationLeavenworth, KS

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

Moncello

Looking good although the Desert Chic is Brescia. This was taken at a school display we did in Topeka. I was being nice by letting the Afrika Korps guy have his picture taken with me.:rolleyes:

Pista!

Jeff

Attached File(s)

btg. sciatori Alpini Monte Cervino (reenacted)
19 reggimento fanteria Brescia (reenacted)

#7 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 June 2011 - 12:31 PM

View PostJeff Leser, on 25 June 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

Moncello

Looking good although the Desert Chic is Brescia. This was taken at a school display we did in Topeka. I was being nice by letting the Afrika Korps guy have his picture taken with me.:rolleyes:

Pista!

Jeff

Camerata, If you lost your Car Keys at the gig I think I know who might have them..... .

#8 User is offline   butcherboy1 

• Maresciallo Ordinario

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:40 PM

Jeff, Excellent impression
do not be put off by the ted's obvious attempt to steal the keys from your fiat!
as to camerata Moncello's impression.... yes, very good, although it appears that you have just disembarked and are

A, looking for cafe
B, looking for unit brothel
C, looking for unit
D, looking for punters...
As Stoater pointed out, i can now hear the Carabinieri's motors kick over...
:lol:

#9 User is offline   butcherboy1 

• Maresciallo Ordinario

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:42 PM

As to Stoater, i mean Larusso....
Is that a bottle of castor oil i hear being opened???.... i'll just check.....

#10 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

Camerata butcherboy1,
After The Powder Mills front, the last thing Camerata Larusso needs to smell is Castor Oil...... what with his four hundred mile drive home on a rough tuff and it don't stick ....towel odyssey.... :blink:

#11 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

So my infamous expunges at the 'Mills' have gone down in folklore.
For those who witnessed me prior to my 400 mile drive SORRY!
Thankfully not to be repeated (Hopefully) :lol:
Mike

#12 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

Camerati,

At last weeks Felixstan Gig here in the UK SSR this image was taken..

7° Bersagliere.

Posted Image

Still looking for some Sand..... Like the "Budgie Smugglers" Camerati?. :blink:

I recovered a nice Modello 91 Bayonet with a leather and Brass Scabbard, to go with my 1st war metal variant.

#13 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

Camerati,
During the last Victory against Gitlerism and continued containment of Reactionary Capitalism of the Military-Industrial Complex so it withers on the vine during the Felixstan, October (purely defensive) Offensive, an important addition was added to Direction RE OoB .....

Posted Image
Borraccia modello 33.

...for the cost of only £22 soft imperialistic Sterling currency.
The damage to the Cover is most toothsome do you not think Camerati?.

The nice period wear and tear to the cover will add greatly to the legend building of this Rezidents Combat Missions on North Africa Fronts, the mint Historical Artefact used before is now held in an Archive Echelon of War Storeage Complex "Emil".

In addition, in the spirit of free speech and freedom of thought that is ruthless enforced by Moscow Centre's Internal Matters Organ's....

At the Detling Front it is ( now declassified by Moscow Centre and released by,) reported that a battered incomplete but sound Italiano Modello 33 Borraccia was given to this Command as a thank you, though the flask was missing Strap, Cover and Drip feed cap it was held still within a Trophy Collection Regiments OoB while a Design Bureau was immediately formed with the sacred task to find a use for this trophy.... for months, day and night the greatest minds within Progressive Reconstructionism have laboured under a special twenty five hour day formula( to improve productivity..... yet another example of the advantages of a Centrally Controlled Command Society ) and this is the declassified result..

Posted Image
Picked up Battle field Debris Borraccia, trench made Kettle.... not from earlier image.. have no fear.. :P

A Kettle..... :lol:

Now this Complex is such that as an Italiano in Desert 41 to 4,3 up holding the interests of Italiano culture or as Inglese Desert Army, it is a homemade bit of comfort kit made of a piece of battlefield debris which could have occurred.... it makes a useful Kettle with its own Pressure release device, boils real quickly.

( Historical Note, The SAS liked 44 Pattern Water Bottles to boil a "Wet" according to Moscow Centres Intel of their gangster methods... :lol: )

Now this is a Gag, not Issue Equipment and will be used as such, carefully crafted to suit a Deployment Back Story..... Soldiers then were as as now, flexible and creative (more so I think) as any of us to make their sometimes most unpleasant ( as for many sadly, short) life's as comfortable as they could within their control, with what tools and materials they likely had to hand.

The fact trophy Italiano Respirator Canisters were used by some Inglese to purify their used water to lengthen the use of their water ration in the desert goes to show improvisation is the mother of invention.

With such a Complex I can boil my brackish water for my Steel helmet / Bayonet ground Coffee on the march to Alexandra!... Avanti!.

Pavia, Bravo!.

:D

#14 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

Camerati,
In the unlikely event the line at El Taqa is forced and I'm required to resupply Tunisia this alternate Direction, 35th Infantry Regiment of the "Pistoia" Scale of Issue is now at Catalogue 1 Battle Readiness to be held in reserve, it to be first deployed at the February Felixstan Front next Sunday.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
You will note the nod to Men at Arms Book.

As I'm still in North Africa I will use my Modello 1912 Brown Boots with my Modello 34 Greatcoat as part of this Scale of Issue .

Truely I now have the Sickness GV... :D

Pistoia, Bravo!

#15 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationLeavenworth, KS

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Nothing compares to a well dressed Italian soldier. Excellent!

Pista!

Jeff
btg. sciatori Alpini Monte Cervino (reenacted)
19 reggimento fanteria Brescia (reenacted)

#16 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Camerati,
The latest Intell on the footwear situation at this Command after now two years worth of wear and tear to its reproduction Modello 1912's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My most comfortable Boots of any of my Directions of Interest be it Soviet, Red Army, Czechy, British " tommy" or DDR.

B)

#17 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Camerati,
While the line is held, supplies to the Front are central, now the last supply delivery was due to be two hundred tons of Ammunition for the Artiglieria a Cavallo and sixty tons of fresh water from the El Daba well.

Instead this was delivered,

Posted Image

So at least now I can be smart in the line.

Many thanks Camerata Riccardo. :D

#18 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Camerati,
I'm active as mostly Pistoia and Pavia Div Infantry Regts, likely Class of 1900 but as a Tradesman Electrican/ Engineer of twenty years, I wonder can I show that on my Desert/Temperate Uniform as I kept up the trade within the Regiment/ Div.

#19 User is offline   Riccardo 

• Sergente Maggiore
  • LocationRegno Unito

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

I have a locomotive badge you can have - it's in black rayon so suitable for EM - unless you don't want to be that kind of engineer :)

#20 User is offline   Moncello 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Camerati,
While throwing the Inglese from North Africa, as 17th Inf Div "Pavia" I use this,

My Borsa tattica per sacco della armi a piedi mod 39

Posted Image

I have not rolled the coperta da campo ( Blanket ) or cappotto mod 34 ( Great coat) on top of it (Normally I carry the cappotto mod 34, the coperta da campo lives on my sacco per armi a piedi mod 39), but have the Telo Tenda Mimetico Modello 1929 and tent fittings rolled under it.

Posted Image

The flap open, the central pocket holds the Messtin.

Posted Image

Contents,
Right pocket, Munitions bag for loose rounds 6.5mm and three " Red Devils" as the Inglese say.
Central pocket Mess tin, Cup, Spoon, trophy Inglese spoon dated 1940, Cloths, Tedesco Cooker, Towel, two trophy Inglese Large pack straps ( one goes round my Mess tin).
Left pocket Several food bags, Several Wooden Pegs, several clothes pegs, string.

Posted Image

The Telo Tenda Mimetico Modello 1929 and tent fitting with the homemade cloth bag I made so I don't loose bits if it when "up in the Blue".

My Boras antigas mod 33 is now used as a Haversack as the Respirator " got lost in the desert"
Posted Image
e,
Posted Image
Contents,
Two Italiano field Dressings, several food bags, Tedesco Torch, small tool roll, pliers, Cleaning kit for mod 1891/41, an Inglese oil bottle, Cloths/ rags, Inglese tin opener/ cork screw, Inglese Eye shields, Italiano Sand Goggles, Inglese Mug, Several Bags for Munitions, a sharpening stone and Wine bottle cork to seal a Water bottle in case mine is lost/breaks.

These item are just picked up misc junk one would collect as they looked or were useful as yours got lost, broken, stolen, just like real life.

As you can see shortages from lack of supply have been made up from trophy Inglese and trades/stolen from the Tedeschi, until the correct issue does't end up at the bottom of "Our sea" or as a burnt out wreck on its way to the Ruweisat Ridge jump off Positions.

My sacco per armi a piedi mod 39 e Boras per corredo per le armi a piedi carry my small kit/ spare unused clothing not directly involved in the killing,

My Sacco per armi a piedi mod 39,
Posted Image
Posted Image

e Boras per corredo per le armi a piedi.
Posted Image

The Boras per corredo per le armi a piedi is a clothing bag which is kept in the Sacco per armi a piedi mod 39

It has my wooly pullover, and draws/ spare socks

In the My Sacco per armi a piedi mod 39 front pockets
Posted Image
Posted Image
Contents,
Posted Image
Right, "Heatless Smoker" with fuel , rope and string.
Left, Trophy Inglese housewif with Italiano buttons and materials ( the issue item was lost/used up "in the Blue"). Wash things, Towels, face flannel, in a Bag, Boot cleaning materials in a bag.

Posted Image
The main compartment holds the Boras per corredo per le armi a piedi and if I'm marching the Borsa tattica per sacco della armi a piedi mod 39 is kept in here as well, two of the coperta da campo, cappotto mod 34 or the Telo Tenda Mimetico Modello 1929 are moved to the straps on the bottom and top of the Sacco per armi a piedi mod 39, so it fits in side.

:D

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic