• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Replica Giubba Vento

#1 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

First 2 images are my original back and front. It is a size 1 which is the biggest size the Italians made. Thats doesnt stop us today.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The next 3 images are the smock made by 'Sanjay' at 'Replicaters'
http://www.replicaters.com/ in India. He takes paypal. Cost euro 120.00, $178.00, £107.00.. This INCLUDES FEDEX shipping.
Email him your sizes :sanjaysuri@satyam.net.in
I recieved back my original with a tracking code safe and sound, turnabout time 5 weeks or so, amazing.
Just need to tell him the spacing of the front buttons needs to be better, and the 2" rope inserts in the epaulettes.
Good strong cotton Duck fabric needs a couple of washes to wash the chalk marks off.
Oh ye the buttons are terrible. :lol:
Mike
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 User is offline   glenning 

• Primo Capitano
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:01 PM

Looks pretty good! When he's solved the button problem I'll probably order one! Me and my friend have been talking about starting a Bersaglieri group(RSI) So I gotta have one of those then. B)

#3 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

I wouldnt worry about the buttons.
Alternatives can be found.
When ordering make it on the big size when wearing a shirt and tunic.
Mike

#4 User is offline   glenning 

• Primo Capitano
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

These anoraks came in a wide array of different colors right? From tan to grey?

#5 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:22 PM

I've got a reply from Sanjay and he is happy to make the small changes.
Button hole position and the shoulder rope inserts.
Jobs a good un then....our boys are going to get them.
Yes the colour can range from a slate grey to tan a light tan/green like my example.

Mike

#6 User is offline   Gregorio 

• Maresciallo Ordinario
  • LocationStockton, CA

Posted 07 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

It looks like a very good copy with the outlined small corrections.......and I would guess he could make them in any color of canvas you would want. These were manufactured in a few standardized sizes and a bunch of colors and worn like a smock over whatever else you had on. Repros have not been available for several years. Several soldati in the CHG group have wanted a repro giubba and will probably be ordering one for our Mamelli Bersaglieri impression.

As with most Italian uniform and filed gear, you basically have to have it made yourself! Great job Mike....taking a chance with your original to make another Italian item available! Grazie!!!!

Gregg

#7 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:24 PM

Your welcome.
If this guy is ok i may use him again, we'll see how things go with him.
Lots of Brit reenacters here(UK) have used him and he has recieved mixed comments.
Apparently he's very good with the various tropical shades of khaki.
Still use it a lot in India as I have seen myself.
I you are thinking of other colours I would try and get some good clear colour pics of other giubbas.
Always remember these guys havnt a clue what we are on about so the specifications have to be spot on.
Ive ordered another anyway.
I dont make a penny from this..!
If anyone wants closer pics let me know.
All the best
Mike

#8 User is offline   supermario 

• Generale di Corpo d'Armata
  • Locationunited kingdom

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

Well done once again Mike, for kicking this off. You know how much i want one. :) Will complete my Alpini impression at last.

Just as an aside, reports about Sanjays boots are positive as well. Certainly he has made a pair of French Foreign legion boots for a friend of mine, and they were amazing. This was done through photo's and dimensions, and no original was sent....

However. As tempted as i was to get boots made, i still feel that something would be lost in the description. (It happened with an Italian boot maker, with Italian speakers emailing him!!!!)

But take heart, fellow Soldati. I have located a Boot maker here in the UK, close to me. I am to meet up with them to discuss construction of (Intially) Italian Para Boots. Once i am happy, i will then go down the route of Fanteria boots. I am in discussions with them to produce standard sizes of boots to suit our growing community in the world of WW2 reenactment. :)

Neil
MAI DAUR !!!

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   glenning 

• Primo Capitano
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 May 2011 - 03:25 PM

Sounds great Neil, keep us updated! :)

#10 User is offline   mauser98 

• Maresciallo Maggiore
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

Mike, Neil & Guys,
I too will order a Giubba soon. I was initially steered to Pegasus to have one made. Steve came highly recommneded. Price was alittle higher but I'm willing to pay for quality. How does Sanjay's version compare to Pegasus as far as quality & price? I'm slowly getting my Bersaglieri kit together and want it to be right on all counts. Your advice is appreciated.
Since we're discussing reproducitons: Does Sanjay make Italian Tropical uniforms? Is anyone making a repro Italian Pith helmet?
Jim

#11 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

Having both Steve Kiddle's and now Sanjay's
I can say that while Steve K got the detail correct, the fabric was 'Olive Green' even after several washes and just a litle too thin compared to my original.
The windproofing capabilites wern't as good either not a 'Duck' fabric as Sanjay has used..
Steve's price was £125, but not sure if he is still selling them anymore.
All the best
Mike

#12 User is offline   Frederico Aquini 

• Tenente
  • LocationOregon, US

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:26 PM

Grazie Mike! Yet one more item to add to my never-ending shopping list! :)

Frederico

#13 User is offline   supermario 

• Generale di Corpo d'Armata
  • Locationunited kingdom

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

View Postmauser98, on 10 May 2011 - 11:31 AM, said:

Mike, Neil & Guys,
I too will order a Giubba soon. I was initially steered to Pegasus to have one made. Steve came highly recommneded. Price was alittle higher but I'm willing to pay for quality. How does Sanjay's version compare to Pegasus as far as quality & price? I'm slowly getting my Bersaglieri kit together and want it to be right on all counts. Your advice is appreciated.
Since we're discussing reproducitons: Does Sanjay make Italian Tropical uniforms? Is anyone making a repro Italian Pith helmet?
Jim

Jim, Traders of the Lost Surplus proport to make a repro Italian pith helmet. However, it is more akin to the British Wolesley pattern than anything Italian, but with one exception. The dome of the helmet they had produced is steeper than the British pattern one, although the brim is the same. I have converted the TOTLS helmet to Italian pattern, and will add a page to our website with patterns and technique how to do it, as a step by step guide. Also, i have not forgotten about the tent pegs. Can anyone advise me on how to make PDF files, so that i can start adding down loads to our site for various items for all and sundry to print off at their leisure?

Neil
MAI DAUR !!!

Posted Image

#14 User is offline   1970si 

• Caporale Maggiore
  • LocationCT. USA

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:22 PM

Dear Neil,

I'm trying to get in touch with you - could you send me an email? RedFox@optonline.net

thanks,

jack

Sorry for interupting this tread.

View Postsupermario, on 11 May 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

Jim, Traders of the Lost Surplus proport to make a repro Italian pith helmet. However, it is more akin to the British Wolesley pattern than anything Italian, but with one exception. The dome of the helmet they had produced is steeper than the British pattern one, although the brim is the same. I have converted the TOTLS helmet to Italian pattern, and will add a page to our website with patterns and technique how to do it, as a step by step guide. Also, i have not forgotten about the tent pegs. Can anyone advise me on how to make PDF files, so that i can start adding down loads to our site for various items for all and sundry to print off at their leisure?

Neil

#15 User is offline   mauser98 

• Maresciallo Maggiore

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

View Postsupermario, on 11 May 2011 - 10:24 AM, said:

Neil

Hi Neil,
I'll check them out. I'm sure we could all appreciate a tutorial on converting the pith helmet.
I recently purchased some original Italian tent pegs from Capanzano, so I'm good with that issue. Thank you for your offer.
Mike,
Can you post additional photos of your Giubba when you receive the "Updated Version" from Sanjay? I'm sure we'd be interested in knowing your experienced opinion of it since you've contacted Sanjay. With you final approval I'm sure a bunch of us will place their orders.
Thanks alot guys, your vast experience and suggestions are very much appreciated.
Jim

#16 User is offline   mauser98 

• Maresciallo Maggiore

Posted 10 July 2011 - 02:00 PM

Supermario or Butcherboy,
Could you please contact me @ jjjrmich@aol.com

Thanks,
Jim Michaud
mauser98

#17 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

Awaiting final version by post, hopefully get it in the next 3 weeks or so.
I will post pics as soon as.
Mike

#18 User is offline   butcherboy1 

• Maresciallo Ordinario

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

View Postmauser98, on 10 July 2011 - 02:00 PM, said:

Supermario or Butcherboy,
Could you please contact me @ jjjrmich@aol.com

Thanks,
Jim Michaud
mauser98

#19 User is offline   butcherboy1 

• Maresciallo Ordinario

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

Have sent pm Jim :)

#20 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationLeavenworth, KS

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

It is great that this item is being offered.

That having been said, I still would like the have a repro of the first version (the one with the lace neck opening). The button version here is more of a 43-45 item.

However, beggars can't be choosers.

Pista!

Jeff
btg. sciatori Alpini « Monte Cervino » (reenacted)
19° reggimento fanteria « Brescia » (reenacted)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users