• 4 Pages +

Catastrophic situation for ANT-Z

#41 User is offline   mauser98 

• Maresciallo Maggiore
  • Group: Members
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

View Postlarrusso, on 25 May 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

On ebay.co.uk he has again began to sell stuff, but no Italian stuff.
He has made it clear he will NOT post to USA and Canada as you will have to use the U.S. Dealer(Hessen)
There are for sale (2 x Dealers) m41 tunics of various sizes on ebay Germany and blackshirts.
Its not very much....:-(
Hessen has been a big dissapointment for our stateside camerati and Chen sounds his usual vague self.
Who knows
Mike

I also emailed Chen regarding the status of his Italian uniforms. I got a reply today similar to Riccardo's, basically stating the he will be making WW2 Italian uniforms soon. No specifics, no time on delivery. If enough guys email him and express their frustration, maybe Chen will speed things up.
Jim

#42 User is offline   Riccardo 

• Sergente Maggiore
  • LocationRegno Unito

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

I heard back from Chen today; he will still direct any US enquiries to contact Hessen, even when/if he starts producing Italian again :(

#43 User is offline   Blueridge80 

• Caporale Maggiore
  • LocationWarrenton, VA

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

View PostRiccardo, on 25 May 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

I heard back from Chen today; he will still direct any US enquiries to contact Hessen, even when/if he starts producing Italian again :(

You have to remember that this is a business for Hessen. If they have contractural obligations with Chen there is only so much to be done. If Hessen isn't receiving supply then they can't sell and face it; the Italian market is pretty narrow. So, Hessen isn't going to contract with someone to make uniforms they will lose money on. Seriously, how large is the pool of potential customers? One hundred? Two hundred?

I think Hessen needs to be cut some slack here and given some understanding. Hopefully they will get uniforms. Even if they don't they tried. What more can you ask?

RK

#44 User is offline   Riccardo 

• Sergente Maggiore
  • LocationRegno Unito

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

I'm quite aware that this is a business for Hessen and contractural obligations may exist; what arrangements Chen might make in the near future were unknown to us and so worthy of enquiry.

Living in Europe, I have no personal interest in Chen's arrangements with Hessen, though I am sympathic with my American friends and their apparent lack of reliable sources for Chen's uniforms.

#45 User is offline   Riccardo 

• Sergente Maggiore
  • LocationRegno Unito

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:42 PM

Chen is now producing a M40 tropical tunic...

http://www.antzmilit...t&product_id=59

#46 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

Not for sale in the USA and Canada.
Looks good for posing about in. :rolleyes:
Mike

#47 User is offline   Riccardo 

• Sergente Maggiore
  • LocationRegno Unito

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

Indeed, but hopefully it will be wending its way to our colonial cousins via Hessen before too long :)

#48 User is offline   milice* 

• Generale di Corpo d'Armata

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:47 AM

It's been a long time since I've been on this forum. But I'm always curious about this topic the most. I was pretty much over a year ago now that we all heard that Hessen was going to update their inventory on full uniforms. Now after all this time later the only thing that has changed is that they have puttees in stock and M-41 wool tunics,(no need for the M-41 trousers is seems).

And now it seems like any other items that need to be made that can't be purchased through Hessen are being made by Sartoria. I say this only because I placed an oder for some items about
3 months ago and have not gotten reply in 2 months. I know it's tailor-made stuff but I didn't order anything big like a full uniform.

One way or another there seems to be just one obstacle after another to get anything done. I still love doing Italian reenacting and will go to events when I can. But I have moved on from any hope on new recruits. It's just become pretty embarrasing when someone who has interest in doing Italian ask's you "so where do I go to buy my kit?". I get a tumor by the time I'm done explaining.

Viva Italia!

Milice*

#49 User is offline   Panzerfaust 

• Caporale
  • LocationItalia

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:32 AM

On the Chen's Facebook profile today:

"NEWS: ANT-Z Military back to ebay US site,so now American buyers can buy uniforms from my ebay US store and my web site"
;)

#50 User is offline   arturolorioli 

• Primo Maresciallo dell Impero
  • LocationRoma - Italy

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

Just to know but ... why don't you go directly to any decent good taylor??? They are perfectly able to cut your clothes as you like and - in some cases - to dye the cloth too. Just to give you an example, I ordered a WW2 regulation "bustina" sidecap (in blue cloth with coloured pipings, do not ask why) to my behind-the-corner taylor, delivered in 5 days, perfect fit, cost 20 Euros all included ("I'm sorry its a bit expensive, but it's just one piece and I had to draw the cutting paper-shapes"). The only fault was the piping colour that was a bit different from the one I requested, but the lady said OK, no problem, give me two weeks and I will have the cloth dyed to exact match (of course there wasn't any need for that!). And that's in Roma, where as in all big cities artisans - including taylors - are few and expensive.

It's that price too expensive? Or there is some other reason why you are looking for repro garments coming so far away as China or India?

Just out of pure curiosity and honest desire to know and understand, no disrespect or second-guessing intended.

Arturo F.Lorioli
Aighe-va

Arturo F.Lorioli

#51 User is offline   Hunter 

• Maresciallo Capo
  • LocationState of Jefferson. (N. California)

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

View Postarturolorioli, on 30 August 2011 - 12:42 PM, said:

Just to know but ... why don't you go directly to any decent good taylor??? They are perfectly able to cut your clothes as you like and - in some cases - to dye the cloth too. Just to give you an example, I ordered a WW2 regulation "bustina" sidecap (in blue cloth with coloured pipings, do not ask why) to my behind-the-corner taylor, delivered in 5 days, perfect fit, cost 20 Euros all included ("I'm sorry its a bit expensive, but it's just one piece and I had to draw the cutting paper-shapes"). The only fault was the piping colour that was a bit different from the one I requested, but the lady said OK, no problem, give me two weeks and I will have the cloth dyed to exact match (of course there wasn't any need for that!). And that's in Roma, where as in all big cities artisans - including taylors - are few and expensive.

It's that price too expensive? Or there is some other reason why you are looking for repro garments coming so far away as China or India?

Just out of pure curiosity and honest desire to know and understand, no disrespect or second-guessing intended.

Arturo F.Lorioli

Its what I keep saying and keep offering Arturo! Tailoring is exactly what I do for a living. I just finished making my first wind jacket and I am working on my second. I am also going to be making tropical uniforms. I also have some experience with dying my own fabric, mostly natural dyes and my prices would be little to no different than ANTZ. I am right here in the USA and have been making historically correct uniforms and clothing for 7 years now. I do not cut corners and I am obsessed with authenticity, which is the whole reason I got into making clothing in the first place. I could not find any one out there that was not cutting corners or just did not give a damn about the history.

#52 User is offline   butcherboy1 

• Maresciallo Ordinario

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

Thats a very interesting point that you raise there Hunter. I suppose, it just boils down to convenience and conformity. That in being, that we all have the same access and sizing to a standardized uniform. Over the years, the community on this forum have been diligent in procuring a retailer who would produce the right kit, at the right price, and still be around for a long period of time.. as so often in this field, they tend to drop out or shut business. There is also the element of accuracy that comes into it. I dare say, that Arturo has found an excellent source for his requirement and at 20 Euro's, all i can say is , well done! that is truly an excellent deal!. But when it comes to group concerns, i think we all strive to look the same. Take for example our group, we all acquired the SE M40 tunic and pantalone.. and when you see a pic of us all together, with the same belt order and such.. it just looks great. I'm sure that independent tailor's are just as proficient at producing the right cut and cloth that is required.. but are they able to do it on a large scale?
Steve

#53 User is offline   e.muti 

• Maresciallo Capo
  • Locationu.s.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

Hello All

Spoke with someone at Hesse A. said they are in talks
with another source for Itai items. Could this be Sartoria
or another chi-com company? Hmmmmmmmm.....,,,

Ciao,Rob

#54 User is offline   arturolorioli 

• Primo Maresciallo dell Impero
  • LocationRoma - Italy

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

View Postbutcherboy1, on 01 September 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

I dare say, that Arturo has found an excellent source for his requirement and at 20 Euro's, all i can say is , well done! that is truly an excellent deal!. But when it comes to group concerns, i think we all strive to look the same. Take for example our group, we all acquired the SE M40 tunic and pantalone.. and when you see a pic of us all together, with the same belt order and such.. it just looks great. I'm sure that independent tailor's are just as proficient at producing the right cut and cloth that is required.. but are they able to do it on a large scale?

Dear Steve,
thanks for the answer. And yes, a professional taylor will have no problem making 1 or 1 hundred pieces looking the same. If he is a pro, I mean, and makes proper cutting paper-shapes (or wooden ones, if the quantities justify the effort). Even relatively small Industrial taylors (the ones that makes uniforms for private police and guardianship firms, gold clubs etc) use laser-cutting for the clothing, so their cut is OK as well (and they can make even just 20 or 30 uniforms of your design). No, I do not think there could be a quantity/uniformity problem. I'm still a bit puzzled :(

Maybe uniformity of the cut and - mostly! - cloth colour with other reenacting groups?
Aighe-va

Arturo F.Lorioli

#55 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

Chen is no more , given up the uniform side of things.
Other reenacters on the U.K. reenacting website have been discussing this.
Ah well never mind they come and go.
Mike

#56 User is offline   e.muti 

• Maresciallo Capo
  • Locationu.s.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

We have been abandoned like the soldati in N.Africa!

E.MUTI

#57 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationLeavenworth, KS

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:20 PM

Sartoria Equipe is still supplying Italian soldiers in all theaters.

Better uniforms and complete, not bits and pieces.

Pista!

Jeff
btg. sciatori Alpini Monte Cervino (reenacted)
19 reggimento fanteria Brescia (reenacted)

#58 User is offline   e.muti 

• Maresciallo Capo
  • Locationu.s.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

Jeff

This is true just hope italy switches back to the lire with the euro collapsing so it will be more affordable for me like it
was back before they switched currency!

Rob

#59 User is offline   larrusso 

• Primo Capitano

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'm not entirely impressed with the price , service and the product of S.E. compared to what I have had made and to original items in my collection. I would prefer to use Asian manufacturers or local here in the UK. Why pay for something when you can buy an original next to the same price ? I'm putting a lot of noses out here who believe SE are the saviours of Italian reenacting. In a previous post a while back I complained about a shirt that I had made by SE ,I was shot down and told I had sent the wrong sizes to Remo. Nonsense ! I had to send it back twice , I paid the postage.Until the prices are comparable to what other reenacters pay I wont use SE. I'm not going to be popular here. Frankly SE is not the Holy Grail. Reenacting should be a hobby for all and affordable thats what I strive to do with my collection and get stuff copied and made affordably if possible for everyone. I aggree it is frustrating, there isnt any great numbers flocking to do ww2 italian reenacment so dealers wont make big profits. Shooting down the Asian market is wrong and verging on rascist reading some comments.
Remember original WW2 Italian uniforms were cheaply made and usually poor quality for the troops. I want more people to show an interest in our hobby, without being expensive or exclusive... End of rant

#60 User is offline   pastasciutta 

• Sergente
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

Larusso has a point - we shouldn't dismiss Asian manufacturers
out of hand nor should we fail to consider the option of working
with a tailor to achieve an acceptable uniform piece.Both deserve
to be given a chance and I should also add that one thing people
like Larusso and others like him should be given credit for is
they're willing to offer up original items
(often acquired at great expense)to be copied and made available
at a reasonable price for the reenacting community at large to enjoy.

I also don't believe that a home-grown manufacturer/tailor
can be that easily squeezed out by competition from Asia - we're not
talking potential customers numbering in the thousands - if your product is made
well, accurately and not excessively priced,it will sell. You want an example? Your very
own made in the USA Alessandro.I rest my case.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users