• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Whats your opinion why or why not

#1 User is offline   Dominick 

• Primo Capitano
  • Group: Members
  • LocationLA, California

Posted 11 January 2004 - 09:34 PM

I have heard people on this forum and others state that were pro-fascist and I'm not here to agrue with political beliefs, I am just curious as to why you chose to be part of that particualr political faction. Why is it so appealing. I would be very appreciative if you could shed some light on why fascism is so appealing to some
Much thanks Dominick

#2 User is offline   pg 

• LocationCumbria, U.K.

Posted 11 January 2004 - 11:17 PM

I'm not personally a fascist, but having studied such things, the appeal comes from discipline and law and order. I can also see some of the appeal....living in modern Britain where teenagers run riot round the streets and burglars sue home owners who injure them, a touch of discipline and sensible thought would go a long way. Instead we have politicians and judges who constantly protect the 'human rights' of criminals and thugs, and criticise the Police for not solving the problems. I could actually become a fascist from reading my own ramblings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 User is offline   stefano 

• Primo Maresciallo dell Impero
  • LocationNew York e Genova

Posted 11 January 2004 - 11:39 PM

Look, different systems work in different places:
In America I am a solid Republican and would never back Fascism in America because frankly there is less need for it.

But, the fact of the matter is this: there is one Italian child for every 1.5 working parents. The median age in Italy is 40. The decadent elderly in Italy will never give up their early retirment and big pensions and THEY MAKE UP THE MAJORITY OF THE VOTERS.
Italy is going to become part of a united Europe without ever having created a true feeling of unification. The only way in which Italy will ever be a truly unified state that functions and is prepared for the challenges of the future and which is not totally dependent on immigration is for Italy to become a Fascist state again. Pull out of the EU, attempt to instill a sense of mission, a willingness to sacrifice and to procreate into the popolo, particularly into the young as they are those who will suffer most but they are also those most corrupted by the amount of money that they are allowed to waste on the latest sun glasses, scrap majority rule and use a corporativist system to eliminate the problems long caused by Italy's selfish and decandent labor unions, while still representing Italian workers. Italy has been stagnating since 1945 just as in some ways it stagnated from the 1870's until 1921 and Italy is in need of a period of rejuvination. I do not necessarily like advocating these measures but one way or another Italy's problems and its modern decadence are going to make Italy suffer and I would rather the Italians take the necessary measures sooner than when the crisis is even more unstoppable.

#4 User is offline   gbotto 

Posted 11 January 2004 - 11:55 PM

a new "Battle for Births" is needed

#5 User is offline   Viva Grazian 

• Maresciallo Ordinario

Posted 12 January 2004 - 01:06 PM

I believe the answer are questions "What is fascism in reality?" and "How do you see fascism is?" :?

#6 User is offline   stefano 

Posted 13 January 2004 - 02:58 AM

the best definition of Fascism can be found in the 1932 Enciclopedia Italiana it was co-written by Mussolini and Giovanni Gentile (the regime's leading intellectual). It is something like 40 pages long if one includes the historical overview of the Fascist movement from 1914-1932 that is included and is written by another major regime historian. There are also several pages of citations from Mussolini's speeches. Despite the length the definition is worth reading and reading thoroughly it is very clear. it is available in English as an entry in A Primer of Italian Fascism which was put out by University of Wisconsin press some time ago and is full of great writings by Fascisms leading intellectuals.

#7 User is offline   Veltro 

• LocationToronto Canada

Posted 13 January 2004 - 06:21 PM

Facism grew out of chaos plain and simple. There was a need to restore order both politicle and social and this was the only way it could be done in Italy during that perioud. Some would argue there is still a need for it there :lol:

In America I am a solid Republican and would never back Fascism in America because frankly there is less need for it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must mean that tounge and cheek! :lol: :lol:

#8 User is offline   stefano 

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:49 PM

really Fascism didn't grow out of chaos... all its intellectual roots existed by the 1890's (read Pirandello, the Futurists, the Corporativists, etc.) the various strands just didn't get put together until 1919

and I am a Republican... the main difference between being a Republican and being a Fascist is that a Republican believes in unbridled capitalism 8) and a Fascist believes in regulated capitalism, that is Corporativism.... I somehow manage to believe in both (one for America and the other for Italy)

in case you can't tell I wrote a term paper for my Italian culture class at Columbia on the intellectual roots of Fascism and I spent a lot of time going over all the more theoretical aspects of Fascism and proto-Fascism

#9 User is offline   pg 

• LocationCumbria, U.K.

Posted 16 January 2004 - 05:18 PM

I think the tongue in cheek bit was to do with the U.S. having less need for fascism than other places.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users