http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ95FH0N ... annel_page

M-30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtnQoCDK ... re=channel

#2 User is offline   butcherboy1 

• Maresciallo Ordinario
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:48 AM

OH MY F**$ING GOD!!!!!
Totally Brilliant.... i think i may have to emigrate......
Great find Milice!!!!

#3 User is offline   milice* 

• Generale di Corpo d'Armata

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:10 AM

Lol no problem on the immigration for one more Italian reenactor over here, mate.

Actually I did'nt know about this until Fredricho came back from a reenactment and
met a British reenactor,(the irony lol) who knew about the Bredas. I thought he was telling a
fib, but there it is. I think this guy is out of Wisconsin but I don't think to dare e-mail.
I don't have the funds to bring either of those puppies home. Maybe someone on this
forum might wants to buy one though.

Ahhhhh... lol!

milice

#4 User is offline   Frederico Aquini 

• Tenente
  • LocationOregon, US

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:35 AM

The place that makes them is:

"Midwest Metal Creations, Llc"
743 Adams Ave
Lisbon, IA. 52253
(319) 455-2475

(Iowa, not Wisconsin)

I couldn't find a website or an email address for them, just the contact info. above and YouTube clips.

I know I don't have the money for one right now, but I would be curious to know how much their M-30 goes for.

Frederico

#5 User is offline   supermario 

• Locationunited kingdom

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:54 PM

Just out of interest, is the fact that someone is reproducing these awesome weapons down to the issue of original pieces availability in the states? Obviously, when it comes to Gun ownership, the US has a much less draconian system than the UK, so am surprised that someone has started to make them. Its great news from a reenactors point of view (US side that is).

The thing is, that in the UK, we often see Breda 37's up for sale. These are sold through Gun magazines and are still live, until bought, in which they are then deactivated to Deact status (Non-gun). Restrictive gun laws in the UK legislate that it is illegal to possess an automatic firearm of any description (Unless over 12 bore). Therefore, there are no blank firing Italian automatics available unless you hire them through a firearms dealer at shows (And thats Just Beretta 38a's, as the Tedeschy like to use them). The wierd thing is that its legal to possess a cannon as long as the barrel is under a certain length, live firing. WW2 Brit Airborne field guns are simply held on a bolt action firearms or shotgun license. Its frigging mad!!!!!!

In conclusion, surely it is possible to get a live Breda 37 for use within US reenactment groups. The Portugese versions would be a great buy, as they are calibred to German 7.9mm, and ammo wouldn't be a problem for that.

Whats the general consensus from you US REI/RSI/GNR? :D

Neil
MAI DAUR !!!

Posted Image

#6 User is offline   milice* 

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:30 AM

Hey Neil,

Fringing mad is right. Over here in the US semi-auto stuff is nothing new but it's mostly German thing with the MG-34 and so on. But gun laws here,(as I imagine in the UK well) are really just pointless and from an amatuer-historian point of view tragic. I'm not going to turn this into a political topic but the way I look at it is, if you really want a gun, you can find one. No matter what laws are in place. Even recent hitsory has proven this.

You can a canon but not a live M-37?? Just thinking about that gives me a tumor lol. But what can you do?

Maybe down the road if I get a nice size unit there will be a semi-auto M-30 bought. But aI don't one thing about
the guy who is doing making these. Just seing the footage though is at least a sign of hope that for reenacting Italian
even more glamourous than I dreamed. But of course the dream has to happen in the middle of this new modern depression we're in. But if someone here has money and time to buy and fine-tune one, then why not? (I would if I could.)

milice

#7 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationLeavenworth, KS

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:42 PM

I must admit, this looks promising. I am on the Outer Banks in NC enjoying a break. Once I return home, I will contact this business and see what is possible.

Pista!

Jeff
btg. sciatori Alpini « Monte Cervino » (reenacted)
19° reggimento fanteria « Brescia » (reenacted)

#8 User is offline   Gian 

• Primo Maresciallo dell Impero
  • LocationItaly and Florida

Posted 03 October 2009 - 03:00 PM

Friggin' mad is the right word. Italian gun laws are very strict too, nevertheless big gun crimes occur once in a while. And unlawfully detained WWII vintage guns are routinely confiscated by the Police, which usually cuts them up for scrap.

#9 User is offline   supermario 

• Locationunited kingdom

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:03 AM

The only glimmer of hope for us UK reenactors is that we might be able to export one of these items, but that does boil down to an export license held by the company in question. With the status of Blank firing guns being illegal in the UK, unless used within a legitmate reenactment group (We are such a group, as we are recognised by several agencies within the UK, The Police being one of them), then there is a possibilty. Blank firers, ie, mocked up versions of weapons that don't constitute a bored barrel (Top venting being the most popular) are allowed in the UK. We could, in theory, have a blank firer made, but as it would be a one off (Unless the New group that has just started in the north west of the UK show interest), it would be a very costly excersise. From a point of skill, its fairly easy to produce one, but its the time and effort, as well as materials and certain tools (Reaming tool for chosen calibre, probably 7.62 blank) that could be the major stumbling block for ourselves. Still, it'll be good to see some cool youtube footage of groups like the Monte Cervino/Bersaglieri/Folgore or Milice's guys thumping a few rounds off on one of these babies. :D

Anyone fancy a 20mm Breda AA gun mounted on a AS42? :D 8)

Neil
MAI DAUR !!!

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   Enzo1958 

• Sergente
  • LocationPennsylvania (USA)

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

Ciao Soldati!

Does anyone have a clear picture/diagram of the internal parts of a Breda 30? I am looking for a cut through picture/view that clearly shows what the internal parts look like, and how they all come together.

Thanks in advance!

my private email is: rsi1943@yahoo.com

Enzo
"E` meglio un giorno da leone che cent'anni da pecora!"

#11 User is offline   Enzo1958 

• Sergente

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:22 PM

Am having a hell of a time locating an ammo box for the Breda 30. They carry
the brass U-shaped magazines used to load the gun. Am considering building one
from scratch. If anyone knows the exact dimensions and materials used to make
it, please let me know. Better yet, if anyone knows where I can locate
one...tried eBay and all other possible places...IMA has the Breda 37 box...but
not the Breda 30...totally different items....

Thanks!

Enzo

#12 User is offline   Enzo1958 

• Sergente

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

Does anyone have diagrams of the internal workings of the Breda MOD 37? Could also use a diagram with dimesions of receiver and internal parts.

Thanks!

A NOI!

Enzo

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic