• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tessera di Riconoscimento?

#1 User is offline   Frederico Aquini 

• Tenente
  • Group: Members
  • LocationOregon, US

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

Does anyone know of s/o reproducing Tessera di Riconoscimento (Italian ID's)? Either REI or RSI, though I'd prefer RSI.

Also, did the Italians have an ID disk/dog tag of any sort? If so, what did it look like and is there anyone reproducing those as well?

Cordiali saluti!
-Frederico

#2 User is offline   butcherboy1 

• Maresciallo Ordinario

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:40 AM

Hi Frederico,
Ive attached a photo of my id tag. Its a thin brass square with stampings of the soldiers class, name, town and so on.. it's essentially two thin pieces that are held together by an overlap of the top piece and i assume, that in the event of KIA, the top one stayed with the fallen while the underneath part was removed for grave registration and so forth..
Steve

Attached File(s)

#3 User is offline   Frederico Aquini 

• Tenente
  • LocationOregon, US

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:24 PM

Grazie Steve!

I don't suppose anyone is reproducing these?

Frederico

#4 User is offline   milice* 

• Generale di Corpo d'Armata

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:10 AM

I'm interested as well if there is anyone is re-making these. The German reenactors have sources to get their dog-tags made.
Is it hard to get these made?

Milice

#5 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationLeavenworth, KS

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

Reiter_gen_Osten

No one is reproducing either the libretto presonale or the Tessera di Riconoscimento. I have been working on the libretto and might have a source ready to go in a month or so. I have yet to find a copy of an enlisted tessera. I have seen examples for officers, but no OR version. I am unsure (knowing the way the Italian military worked) whether an enlisted tessera existed. I am of the opinion that the libretto served as the ID for the soldier, but I would be more than happy to be proven wrong.

I do see that Mediterraneo has a tessera in good condition on their web site. I assume it might be OR. Maybe if Neil would send me some hi-qualitity scans, I can get these made.

RE: dog tags. There are two problems. First is finding the blanks. I have one blank. I have seen another one recently for sale on Ebay. There doesn't apperar to be any source for these. Second, the Italian tag uses a seven line format. Most machines in the US can handle six lines. It is also unclear whether the blank will fit in these machines. I haven't prusued the latter issue until I solve the former. There is a six line format, but it is an earlier tag (I have an example).

Pista!

Jeff
btg. sciatori Alpini « Monte Cervino » (reenacted)
19° reggimento fanteria « Brescia » (reenacted)

#6 User is offline   butcherboy1 

• Maresciallo Ordinario

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

Hi Jeff, Milice and Frederico.
With regards to the tessera, we have made copies of one and are looking to do more. Also, we made ID cards but i'm unsure as to whether this was a civilian issue. Neil should be able to fill in the details on this.
As to the dog tags, they should be easy enough to reproduce but its the stamping which holds a problem. the letters are 1.5mm in width and the stamps are initially about $50 to $90 for a set. I may dabble with this one myself but will focus on the other items i'm planning to reproduce. :D :D
Steve

#7 User is offline   supermario 

• Generale di Corpo d'Armata
  • Locationunited kingdom

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:26 PM

Jeff,

Send me an email, i will send you a file with the complete Libretto Personale. I will dig out the Tessera file too. I had planned to repro these, but time on other projects has taken over. :D

Neil
MAI DAUR !!!

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Frederico Aquini 

• Tenente
  • LocationOregon, US

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:33 PM

Steve- Regarding the ID card you think might be civilian issue: Is it a simple two page fold-out, a little bigger than a mobile (say 8cm x 11cm), and has something to the effect of "PFR - Opera Nazionale Dopolavoro" printed on it?

All- I've been hunting the web the past few days for ID cards on google.it. I've found quite a selection for various organizations (MVSN, fire-fighters, Xa Mas, and even Partisan!). I've been searching more for RSI than anything else, so for the moment I don't have much to contribute towards REI ID card info.

Should I post on this forum a few of images I have found? Would it be of any help to anyone?

Frederico

#9 User is offline   butcherboy1 

• Maresciallo Ordinario

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:15 PM

Hi frederico.
The carta d'identita has regno d'italia on it so i kinda think its a all round sort of thing. just i.d..
I've posted a few images of the ones we repro'd over here in th UK.
The stamps and postal marks, were made by Neil ( Supermario)

Attached File(s)

#10 User is offline   ctschatz 

• Sergente Maggiore
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:08 AM

Those are awsome, do you guys have any that you would do up for us across the pond?
Christian
"Peace is an extension of war by political means."
- Robert Heinlein

#11 User is offline   Don_Giovanni 

• LocationNew Jersey

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:51 PM

Gentlemen,

The cards look very good! And Frederico, please do post your findings if you can. I have been toying with the idea of making such a book myself. I also snatched up images of what appears to be a PNF membership booklet. It has a stamp in blue ink along with a stamp-in-paper on the back page, although it is hard to make out what it says entirely. Making up a pressure stamp like that isn't very easy, either.

Don Giovanni
Don Giovanni Pentalli
Gruppo Battaglioni CC.NN "M" «Montebello»
Seguitemi!

#12 User is offline   Frederico Aquini 

• Tenente
  • LocationOregon, US

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:38 PM

I've been having trouble uploading photos on here, so I'm just going to upload put all my Tessere images along with cigarette packages into my Photobucket account and post the link here later. Besides, there's far too many images to upload anyway.

-Frederico

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users