• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unit Info

#21 User is offline   Saetta 

• Colonnello
  • Group: Members
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 04 May 2010 - 06:48 AM

I made it out to Lowell this past weekend, and I must say it was a good time! The crowds weren't as big as when I attended 2 years ago, but I was able to converse with some of my old friends and had the chance to participate in the MTO battle but turned it down. I realize I desperately need a rifle because I was armed only with my Mandolin. It did bring a lot of attention, however.

If you guys hunt down any carcani at a good price let me know! Id rather not spend $800 on a cavalry carbine from gunbroker, but inflation is a real pain :p

Chris
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Saetta 

• Colonnello
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:07 AM

15-16 - Lyons Farm. Again, possible MTO event. Chris is considering this event. I could attend this or the Union IL event.

Jeff,

I attended Yorkville and it was a great time! 2 Italians and we had enough gear to outfit another for a MTO battle. And the Axis one the battle too! Unfortunately the crowds were not veyr large, so the long trip probably isn't worth it :/

I will be at Union and there is alot of hype about this. If you can make this event it might be worthwhile. this event has come highly recommended. I will be there on saturday with my Italian SS Camerata. It sounds very fun!

Let me know,
Chris
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationLeavenworth, KS

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

Chris

Great to read you attended two events. Bravo!

I will look into attending Union City. I agree that it has the makings of a good event.

If I may ask, who is the Italian SS indivdual? Can he be turned from the dark side :wink:

Pista!

Jeff
btg. sciatori Alpini « Monte Cervino » (reenacted)
19° reggimento fanteria « Brescia » (reenacted)

#24 User is offline   Saetta 

• Colonnello
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:16 PM

We may be doing some police work because its an Italian train! Carabinieri would be perfect for this event!

My friend Jeff does the SS impression. On ww2 reenactors forums he is Cpt. Zak and also has an 11th SS impression. I tried influencing him to our unit but he likes the SS because its similar to the German SS which i know throws up a red flag! He does mostly all Italian equipment and uniform, so he doesnt look too German, but I think the dark side of the force is stong in this one

Chris
Posted Image

#25 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:59 PM

Chris

Iunderstand about the power of the Dark Side. :D

RE: Union. I agree, Carabinieri would be a perfect impression. I have everything except a lucerna for that impression. I haven't found one the right size.

If both captzak and yourself plan to attend, I will see if I can make it. Some negotiations at home.

Pista!

Jeff

#26 User is offline   Bob Starr 

• Sottotenente
  • LocationLeRoy, Illinois,U.S.A.

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

Ciao et PISTA!!! Chris, Jeff if the event at Union is the Anzio Express event at the Train Museum, I attended this one last year. Personally I don't recommend it. The display areas are very small and there wasn't, at least to me, a set patterna as to where everyone was at. The crowds were pretty small. My biggest gripe though was the fact they want the Italians to be part of the Partisan forces that attack a train. At least last year they were not interested in seeing the Italian military as a force of it's own. this is a pretty small event, doesn't seem to draw big crowds, and doesn't allow us to portray our unit as we see it should be. Just my 2 Liras worth but I wouldn't drive all that way for it Jeff. Chris if it's not a big drive for you I say go ahead, then you can see for yourself if you feel it's a worthwhile event. For me it was a 4 hour drive and I won't do it again. Take it easy and glad to hear about Yorkville, I always liked that event. Chris I just got a flyer for an event the weekend of 31 Jul/1 Aug at Danville area. i don't know much about it but it's run by some guys i used to do Japanese with, I believe it's a timeline event, not sure though. If your interested I can forward you the flyer on it. Email me at rdstarr9153@gmail.com if your interested. Catch everyone later. PISTA!!! Bob

#27 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:18 PM

Bob

Thanks for the tip. I prefer to attend Union as Carabinieri rather than Alpini. It is a better fit and would get us in-front of the public. I didn't see much display potential, but see it as a role-playing venue. The display would be a Carbinieri post, not a static Alpini display. From the flier and website, I am assuming that it is better organized than last year. The map lays out the area by side. From what you have stated, I might let Chris do a recce and report back to us on the event.

RE: Danville. I wonder if this is anything like the Dixon event I attended last year. That was WWII, not timeline.

I purchased the portaferiti manual that I mentioned to you a while back. I am hoping it has some packing lists for the various Italian medical cassetti. I have added a few items to my medical set. Next time we get together for an event, we can have a nice little medical display.

Pista!

Jeff

#28 User is offline   Saetta 

• Colonnello
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:30 PM

Hey all!

I do remember you telling me it was disappointing, I apologize I forgot! I will check it out this year because I have some reservations on the train. Also if you are purchasing the colonial package from remo, better to do now than later! Ive heard it may not be around much longer.

Chris
Posted Image

#29 User is offline   Tony 

• Maresciallo Ordinario
  • LocationSt. Paul, Minnesota

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:06 AM

Ciao Alpini!!!!!

Been a while for me on the posts...sorry. Lot's of training in the past few. And more to come.

I noticed we were mentioned in the Edge this past quarter. Nice article on heavy machine guns and mentions the unit and the breda.

Rockford is still a possibility. We'll see if I can get some leave out of it like last year.

Pista!

Tony

#30 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

Events.

Dixon IL. 27-29 August. Website is http://dixonevent.eventbrite.com Theme is A.S., so very Italian friendly. I attended this event two years ago. A good group of reenactors (mostly HRS units) and some great Afrika Korps and UK impressions. A small event that has been growing. I currently don’t plan on attending unless other Monte Cervino members attend.

Rockford IL 24-27 Sep. Website http://www.ww2rockfordevent.com One of our main events. At this time I understand that Bob and Chris will not attend. I know Tony was trying but wasn’t sure (that military thing). Christian is unlikely to attend. Because Bob won’t be there, we will need to consider tenting. It is unlikely we will be able to set-up our normal display.

From the organizers: “Registration for the Rockford event is now open. Reportedly there are already 350 signed up with close to 900 expected this year. No walkons will be allowed. Also if any unit members still need memberships please get them sent into the Secretary ASAP since memberships will not be available on site. Memberships are usually sent out within two days of receipt.”

I need a roll call on who is and who is not attending. Please e-mail with your answer.

Parsons, KS Oct. 23 & 24, This is a WWI event. I will be attending, and there is another WWI Italian attending as well. This is for interest only and is not a Monte Cervino event.

The Midwest Great War Living History Association ( HYPERLINK "http://www.greatwarlivinghistory.org (http://www.greatwarlivinghistory.org) is hosting a re-enactment. Held on primitive private land in southeast Kansas north of the town of Parsons (2 ˝ hours from Kansas City, Tulsa, Wichita, or Springfield, MO), we will depict semi-mobile action. There will be opportunities to dig funk holes and recreate tactical manoeuvres. Whether it is Eastern or Western Front, early or late war, will depend on the reenactors who are on site. Port-a-potty and water will be provided by the host. No public will be invited. Pre-registration fee is $20 or pay $30 at the gate.

Pista!

Jeff

#31 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:07 PM

I hope all is well the everyone.

I have posted some pictures of the new white ski ammo pouches in the reenacting folder. They were delivered this week and I finally had time to get a few pictures taken. These pouches will certainly spark-up our impression.

Pista!

Jeff

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic