• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Breda M37

#1 User is offline   Benito428 

• Caporale
  • Group: Members
  • LocationLas Vegas Nevada

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:13 AM

I need some help with finding information on the maintaince or operation of the Breda M37. Iam a licenced manfacturer and just finished bulding a Post Sample M37. The gun runs beautifully and I would love to find out more information on it. The years it was in service and any other info would be great. Thanks.

#2 User is offline   Benito428 

• Caporale

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:27 PM

I am trying to post pictures but I am not having much luck. What am I doing wrong??

#3 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationLeavenworth, KS

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:57 PM

Benito428

RE: operation/maintenance. Your best option is to find a field manual on the weapon. These manuals are occasionally sold on Ebay. I have the manuals for the Breda 30, but not the 37. There is a bookseller in Roma, Franco A. Volta that sells large numbers of Italian army manuals. You might contact that store.

Pictures. Pictures must be less than 50kb and les than 500 x 500 pixels. I use Adobe Photoshop to resize the prictures I post. Many photo software packages have a "save for the web" or something similar as an option under 'file'. Many times that 'save as' function will reduce the photo enough to post.

Now if you could make a Breda 30 for me..........

Have a great day!

Jeff

#4 User is offline   Benito428 

• Caporale

Posted 16 March 2007 - 04:16 AM

I have photos of my M37 and of a M30 that was built by a friend who is also a licenced manfacturer. We are having a hard time getting the M30 to run very well. It is very fussy and jams quite a bit. We are still trying to get the bugs out. The M37 runs like a dream. It loves the Rominian 8mm and I have not had a malfunction in the last 800 rds. I am still working out the photo problem. I am not very good with things like that and I am having a computer Guru come over next week to show me how. Hopefully I will post some pictures soon.

#5 User is offline   Benito428 

• Caporale

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

Ok Guys here are the pictures of my M37 and of my friends M30. We will bw at the big Machine gun shoot at Wikieup AZ This weekend. Go to mgshooters.com and see some great guns in action.

Attached File(s)

#6 User is offline   Benito428 

• Caporale

Posted 21 March 2007 - 09:49 PM

Here's the last one...

Attached File(s)

#7 User is offline   falco 

• Primo Capitano
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 26 March 2007 - 12:05 PM

By all bitching one can (rightly) make about the Breda 30, I wonder why the most often heard of is the lack of an handle to change the barrel, when in fact there is one and the barrel is of a quick change type (I think for it's time a good feature)... same goes for the '37
Well, just curious :)
falco

#8 User is offline   Benito428 

• Caporale

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

Just returned from the big shoot in Wickiup. Rained all day Friday and we never fired a shot. Sat was better and we went through several thousand rounds. The Breda 37 was flawless. Fired over 1000 rds. without a single malfunction. I was very pleased. The gun drew a crowd every time I shot it. Several people didn't know what it was and I answered several questions all day long. Regarding Falco's comment. It is very difficult to remove the barrel on my Breda without the barrel wrench. It fits very snugly. I have pictures from WWII showing gunners using the Breda with the barrel wrench left on the barrel so it could be changed quickly and without burning yourself. The wrench can be tightened onto the barrel for this purpose. Good thinking. It could also be used to carry the gun.

#9 User is offline   stefano 

• Primo Maresciallo dell Impero
  • LocationNew York e Genova

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:17 PM

Benito428 said:

I We are having a hard time getting the M30 to run very well. It is very fussy and jams quite a bit. We are still trying to get the bugs out. The M37 runs like a dream.

hmmmm... as i recall Italian soldiers had exactly the same things to say about those two guns... i expect that the M30 will always give you problems, it wasn't a very good gun

#10 User is offline   Benito428 

• Caporale

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:43 PM

My friend did not even bring the M30 to the shoot. He has not had much luck getting it to run very well. We are trying different types of ammo but nothing seems to work very well. It is very frustrating.

#11 User is offline   stefano 

• LocationNew York e Genova

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:26 AM

Benito428 said:

My friend did not even bring the M30 to the shoot. He has not had much luck getting it to run very well. We are trying different types of ammo but nothing seems to work very well. It is very frustrating.

as i recall it was designed to be able to fire 2 different types of ammunition (I forget the calibers) anyway, it wasn't a very good gun... although you should be able to at least get it to work

#12 User is offline   falco 

• Primo Capitano
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:00 PM

It fired 6,5 ordinary rifle ammunition and was re-chambered for the 7,35 round as well, but the conversion to the new caliber never really happened in the Italian Army.
falco

#13 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

Benito428

Great pictures! Impressive that you and your friend have both of these weapons fully functional. I assume that both weapons are fully automatic.

I am interested in the Breda 30 as it was the basic machinegun of the infantry. Does your friend do any outside weapon work? I have a Breda 30 parts kit that I would like to make into blank firing or gas. Full auto isn't an option (can't afford the associated costs). At this point I might settle for a display weapon.

Just asking to see if there is a possibility.

Thanks!

Jeff

#14 User is offline   Tankredi 

• LocationBaden - Germany

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:01 PM

Jeff,

where did you get the Breda from?
Do you have a link?

Thanks!
Chi si ferma perduto

#15 User is offline   falco 

• Primo Capitano
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

I recall having seen a clip in youtube of a breda '30 shooting: interesting.
Does your friend feed it with the proper clip or does he use carcano clips? (I read somewhere it was also possible but only as a emergency solution)
From your pictures it seems rather that he uses the carcano clip. If you see that video you realize that the proper 20 round clip is a completely different affair.
Ops... I realize that the above could sound like telling the obvious to you gun freaks, hope you are not offended! :)
falco

#16 User is offline   Jeff Leser 

• Staff

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:04 PM

Tankredi

I purchase it from Sarco. Link is http://www.sarcoinc.com/

Click on their machinegun button. The Breda parts kit is listed about halfway down the page.

Jeff

#17 User is offline   Benito428 

• Caporale

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:46 PM

Unless you are a Class II Manufacturer you cannot build any type of machine gun. The ATF is very specific about that. Even if it only fires blanks it is still a machine gun. Since 1985 no new machine guns can be built for resale to the public. In fact if we give up our license the Breda would have to be destroyed as it could only be transfered to a police dept or Gov, agency. A dummy gun is about all that is allowed now.

#18 User is offline   Benito428 

• Caporale

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:53 PM

Here is the link to You Tube for the Breda 30 You can tell form all the cuts in the tape that he also had several malfunctions. Oh well just the nature of the beast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rl7XUAr ... ed&search=

#19 User is offline   azpatriot 

• Soldato

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:36 AM

I just acquired a new project Breda M37. Lots of extras. Armorers tool chest, gunners tool kit, AA kit, reloader and case, matching SN barrels and transport case.

#20 User is offline   Enzo1958 

• Sergente
  • LocationPennsylvania (USA)

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

Does anyone have diagrams of the internal workings of the Breda MOD 37? Could also use a diagram with dimesions of receiver and internal parts.

Thanks!

A NOI!

Enzo
"E` meglio un giorno da leone che cent'anni da pecora!"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users