Follow us now on Twitter!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MVSN collar flames Fasces

#1 Guest__*

• Group: Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 04:49 AM

Is there somewhere that sells these? I donít care... repro, original, gold, or silver. Also, how about M.1927 buttons; I have been looking but I guess not in the right places.

Thanks for your help
-Jim

#2 User is offline   Tankredi 

• Primo Maresciallo dell Impero
  • Group: Members
  • LocationBaden - Germany

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:20 AM

Jim,
what are these m1927 buttons?
Are these brass/silver/gold buttons with a single fasces symbol on them?

Maybe like on my picture?
If so, I might be able to help you.

Attached File(s)

Chi si ferma Ť perduto

#3 Guest__*

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:40 PM

You got it! The M.27's were replaced by the M.33 buttons and in the Regulations of 1935 the M.27 was officialy replaced by the M.33. But a person still could find M.27's in use all the way up to 1943. Thier gold/brass.

#4 User is offline   Tankredi 

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:43 PM

The buttons on my jacket were/are brass.

Well you can get them from militariacollection.com
I once ordered a couple of items from them and I asked also about the buttons. He gave me 4 for free.

I donīt know about the prize, they donīt have it in their lists.
You can also find some MVSN collar tabs on their site.
Chi si ferma Ť perduto

#5 Guest__*

Posted 25 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

I wasnít sure if it was gold or brass. I just have drawn illustrations that show everything in gold. I have got the feeling that it was gold for officers and brass for other ranks. Because that is how it usually go with the Militia.

#6 User is offline   Tankredi 

Posted 25 May 2006 - 06:36 PM

Jim,

I believe that for the buttons it was similar like for the fregi.
Gold = Officers
Silver = NCO
Brass = Troops

However, the jacket in my collection is a m27 that was reworked to meet m40 standards. It came with the brass buttons but it had signs of the rank of sottocapomanipolo on the sleeves.
Chi si ferma Ť perduto

#7 Guest__*

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:42 AM

I just looked up more and translated more info over buttons of the MVSN. The here is what I found out about the silver NCO button. It was created as an amendment to the Regulations of the MVSN 1935 somewhere (canít find the exact date) between 1938-40 period. It was written into regulation when the Regulations of the MVSN 1941 (known as the wartime regulations) came out. The M.33 button was introduced as an amendment to the Regulations of the MVSN 1931 in December 1933 and of course regulation in 1935 to replace the M.27. The Regulations of 1935 introduced a new line of buttons as well. The M.33 button was for the regular militiaís button. While the many others (referred as the "M.35 series") was to distinguish all the other types of militia. For example the DICAT button would have the two crossed cannon, flanked by wings, and fasces above. Just like the Fregio. One more thing the for M.33 buttons and beyond officer gold button had a ripple texture around the insignia while the enlisted had a plain or soft texture with the insignia. The latter is like your button in the photo.

-Jim

#8 User is offline   Tankredi 

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:42 PM

Hm...
this is strange, since my jacket has 4 buttons like it was usual for officer jackets.
Chi si ferma Ť perduto

#9 Guest__*

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:59 AM

It is kind of strange. I have come to the conclusion that the Fascist Militia did not follow the regulations quite well. This was even more notorious in the officer ranks. From 1938-1943 it gets even worse. For an example like in a photographs of studio origin of a mans bust, so I can make out the buttons (the picture from 1937) almost dead on with the 1935 regulations- the buttons were M.27. Now one other thing, I donít have a confirming source, but rumor has it many Fascist Militiamen did not like the M.33 button because of the eagle looked like royalty/Savoy (not good with the royal symbols, the eagle has a shield on its chest with the cross) and kept there M.27 with just a fasces.

-Jim

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users