• You cannot reply to this topic

Semovente in Sicily

#1 User is offline   husky1943 

• Caporale
  • Group: Members
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 July 2003 - 11:50 AM

Ciao amici,
I have attached a picture of my semovente. I built it in honor of my father-in-law. It was an assault gun attached to Group Smaltz and fought outside of Catania until engine failure rendered it useless. Comments are welcome.
Ciao for now
Rob

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Barbarigo 

• Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationLegnano (MI) - Italy

Posted 16 July 2003 - 06:43 AM

:D :D :D :D :D
Hello husky1943,
the model looks very well done and very well painted: GOOD!
I hope to see more models of yours!
A question: what scale? what is tha manufacturer?
It was time to see new models in this gallery!
Ciao
Paolino
"We are one equal temper of heroic heart, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yield"

#3 User is offline   husky1943 

• Caporale
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 July 2003 - 11:42 AM

Paolino,
It is the Tamiya in 1/35 scale. Thank you for the compliments. I was in the Navy, and I lived in Sicily for a total of seven years. My wife is from Sicily, and I fell in love with the island and it's history. All of my models are set in Sicily during the invasion (liberation?) of Sicily, or in the Italian campaign. Unfortunately, it is so difficult to find Italian models that are affordable, so I do German/British/American soldiers during the Italian campaign. I believe that the Italian campaign is ignored by the modelling community.
Again, I look forward to talking to you again, and thank you for your comments. I will post more models in the future.
Ciao for now
Rob

#4 User is offline   Barbarigo 

• Staff

Posted 16 July 2003 - 01:12 PM

Hello Rob,
I think we can talk also by e-mail; my ardess is ard.par@jumpy.it, it will be a pleasure for me. My grandfather fought in Sicily during the Allied invasion as an "Autiere" (truck's driver).
There are many kits about Italian vehicles and figures in 1/35 scale, made by resin by italian manufacturer, but they are quite expensive; I can sugget you some web sites, if you want. I use to built 1/72 italian models (I have found great the kits made by U.S. Casts and by the italian A.P. Models) because they are cheaper and because I don't have enough space for 1/35 models.
Ciao
Paolino
"We are one equal temper of heroic heart, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find and not to yield"

#5 User is offline   Barbarigo 

• Staff

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:34 AM

I've just saw you've built the model in onor of yuor father in law: did he have a good history to tell to us, poor history's lovers?
Paolino

#6 User is offline   husky1943 

• Caporale
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 July 2003 - 08:02 PM

Paolino,
Sorry it took me so long to respond. No, he didn't have any stories to pass along. By the time that he was old enough to be in the military, the war for over (for Sicily, anyway.) I just loved my father-in-law a lot, that's all.
Rob

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users