• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Italians in Panzerblitz/Panzer Leader

#1 User is offline   byron 

• Sergente
  • Group: Members
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 11 January 2006 - 05:25 AM

Just wondering if there are any PB/PL gamers on this board? Recently, I worked with PB/PL grognard Alan Arvold to create the Italians (Romanians and Hungarians) for this old boardgame (PB came out in 1970).

Has anyone ever played this game? If so, have you had any chances to use the Italian units?

#2 User is offline   david 

• Staff
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationDevon. England

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:41 AM

I have played Panzer Blitz (A.H) is that one of the games you are refering to? If so, I don't recall any Italian equipment, only German & Russian.
It was quite a good game as I recall, less simplified than most A.H games.
Cheers; Dave.

#3 User is offline   byron 

• Sergente
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:02 PM

I have played Panzer Blitz (A.H) is that one of the games you are refering to? If so, I don't recall any Italian equipment, only German & Russian. It was quite a good game as I recall, less simplified than most A.H games.

Yes, that's the one. Panzer Leader followed in 1976 and covered the Western Front (Allies/German). The game still has a very loyal following and a lot of additional units and nationalities have since been added. I really enjoy the game and pull it out fairly regularly to play and design options! It was through the forum on Consimworld.com that I found out about this site.

Some other good reference sites for PB/PL (if you want to catch up):

http://www.boardgamer.com -- now defunct, this site offers a CD that includes every issue of the Boardgamer, including quite a few PB/PL articles and two full magazine specials (one each for PB and PL).

http://www.imaginati....layfigures.com -- currently offers updated countersets and (at last count) 13 new maps! All free and in full color (unmounted). Exceptionally well done.

The internet fanzine Old Soldiers has published the articles adding Italian, Romanian, and Hungarians to PB/PL. They also offer mounted counters for each.

(I hope posting other websites is not a problem!)

#4 User is offline   byron 

• Sergente
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:08 PM

All of that being said, I still greatly enjoy the game and would like to make some solid Italian scenarios for it. Are there any engagements that you think would make for good scenarios?

#5 User is offline   PanzermanBill 

• Soldato

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

I have posted a couple of times to units and battles forum about the use of various Italian infantry class elite troops for use in PanzerBlitz and Panzer Leader. I have come up with a fairly good evatluation of the fighting qualities of these elites when evaluated by the PanzerBlitz/Panzer Leader system. I will post my current comments to this message for you to look at and comment (or flame me (;P)!!!).

Cheers!!!

PanzermanBill

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users