• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Coastal Defense Divisions

#1 User is offline   AHK 

• Soldato
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 08 April 2005 - 08:36 PM

Does anyone have a listings of these units. Also was there a standard OB?
Thanks,
AHK

#2 User is offline   Loc 

• Caporale

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:19 AM

201st to 216th;220th to 227th;230th Division(228th 231st)
http://feldgrau.com/iaoob.html
http://digilander.libero.it/lacorsainfi ... difesa.htm

Regards

#3 User is offline   antonio 

• Maresciallo Capo
  • LocationAlicante (Spain)

Posted 09 April 2005 - 06:27 AM

here goes another link:

http://213.45.7.102/regioesercito/repar ... ntcost.htm

Best regards

#4 User is offline   Ivanmajor 

• Soldato
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:18 AM

here in sardinia its true we have several bunkers, all around the gulfs and near the main streets! but can someone tell me why during the Husky Operation in Sicily and then Calabria no cannons shoots? no divisions to stop allies (just Livorno and Assietta division i guess) and where the navy was? where the Regia aeronautica? i hate to say that but we just start to fight after the 8th september! the heroic Acqui division in Cefalonia (greece) and all the mighty camerati who fought with no possibility to win with the R.S.I..

#5 User is offline   184 Nembo 

• Primo Tenente

Posted 19 April 2005 - 02:54 PM

The commando supremo in charge were bought by the highest bidder. Example Bagdolio, and the king jumped ship to the allied camp. Many people would argue that was the right thing to do. But I would argue as a leader who's interest do you serve," The people you lead or the interest of foreign regimes to fill you're bank accounts." If you look at the invasion of Normandy with all the massive installements of cannons imbedded there. There still standing there not one of them fired a shot. The allies claimed they bombarded them but they are still standing there.
The allies in Normandy faced only machine gun fire and of course their own canon fowder. If you have the chance watch the movie Von Ryan Express this movie only scratches the surface as to what the commando supremo was doing underneath Mussolini nose.

#6 User is offline   JLEES 

• Tenente
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:23 PM

I think the Germans were able to actually sink some of the smaller Allied ships at Normandy with shore based artillery fire. And there wasn't just machine gun fire sweeping the beeches on Normandy. The Germans were able to bring great amounts of artillery fire on the invading troops. There is a big difference between the Atlantic Wall fortified positions in France and the coastal division's defensive positions in Sicily. Sadly, the Italian coastal divisions lacked transport capabilities, were poorly equiped and were designed to be static defensive units on the beeches. After their flanks were turned, or their front lines were penetrated, by Allied units, they quickly fell apart.
James

#7 User is offline   assfort 

• Caporale

Posted 28 September 2005 - 03:12 PM

Ivanmajor said:

here in sardinia its true we have several bunkers

Ciao Ivanmajor, in Sardinia was planned (at the end of 1942), by Comando Genio, over 1.500 concrete bunker!
Today a interesting chapter of "archeology"!

:D
asibirri

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users