Comando Supremo: Marc'Antonio Bragadin, the RMI, and Ultra disclosure - Comando Supremo

Icon Message from the Comando Supremo staff

Follow us now on Twitter!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Marc'Antonio Bragadin, the RMI, and Ultra disclosure

#1 User is offline   Filipo 

• Caporale Maggiore
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:53 PM

I am currently reading Bragadin's "The Italian Navy in World War II" very interesting so far and I particularly enjoy gleaning insight from a man who was actually a part of the events he is relating. I have a question concerning the declassification of the British ULTRA program. Bragadin mentions several times that the Italian military intelligence did a decent job and breaking British codes, but he has yet to mention the fact that the Brits were reading practically everything coming out of OKW and Comando Supremo, does anyone know when the details concerning the British cracking of the ENIGMA codes came to light, and if Bragadin would have had knowledge of it at the time of writing his book? (originally written in Italian in 1948 but he updated several times, my copy is from 1957)

#2 User is offline   FB 

• Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:20 AM

Filipo said:

I am currently reading Bragadin's "The Italian Navy in World War II" very interesting so far and I particularly enjoy gleaning insight from a man who was actually a part of the events he is relating. I have a question concerning the declassification of the British ULTRA program. Bragadin mentions several times that the Italian military intelligence did a decent job and breaking British codes, but he has yet to mention the fact that the Brits were reading practically everything coming out of OKW and Comando Supremo, does anyone know when the details concerning the British cracking of the ENIGMA codes came to light, and if Bragadin would have had knowledge of it at the time of writing his book? (originally written in Italian in 1948 but he updated several times, my copy is from 1957)

The British official sources about ULTRA and the breaking of ENIGMA in the Med warfare came to light in the 80s or 90s iirc. Little or no chances that Bragadin could have this kind of information at the time of his writing.

Best regards

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic