Comando Supremo: Italian woman banned from army for being too fat - Comando Supremo

Icon Message from the Comando Supremo staff

Follow us now on Twitter!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Italian woman banned from army for being too fat

#1 User is offline   Jim H 

• Administration
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 04 November 2004 - 03:54 AM

ROME (AFP) - A young woman volunteer has been banned from the Italian army for being too fat, media reported.

The 1.65-metre (5.4-foot) tall 21-year-old, identified only by her first name, Francesca, was considered unsuitable for the army as her 78.5 kilos (173 pounds) was "incompatible with the parametres of physical aptitude of military service", it said.

She had argued before an administrative tribunal in the central coastal city of Ancona that she had passed her first army medical, but then put on weight during her first 10 months of training due to the stodgy food served.

But her argument did not hold weight with the court, which said that she had failed to lose her surplus kilos during a convalescence period given her by the military go to on a diet.

However, her lawyer said on Tuesday she was not going to take the matter lightly, and that she would appeal the ruling.

He said that for Francesca, who hails from Catania in Sicily, "the army was her choice of lifestyle and a work opportunity.

"I don't think that all the military you come across in Italy have perfect figures," he said.

The woman joined the Ascoli Piceno regiment near Anconi in 2001.

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  it.jpg (59.07K)
    Number of downloads: 1099

#2 User is offline   FB 

• Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2004 - 07:50 AM

"He said that for Francesca, who hails from Catania in Sicily, "the army was her choice of lifestyle and a work opportunity. "

That is not, or better shouldn't be, the motivation for joining the Army.

"I don't think that all the military you come across in Italy have perfect figures," he said.

Here he is perfectly right. And if the rule that was applied to Francesca would be applied to everybody, I'd guess that the Army would see it's personnel problems go noticeabily better.

Best regards

#3 User is offline   Ennio 

• LocationLuxembourg

Posted 04 November 2004 - 10:00 AM

"but then put on weight during her first 10 months of training due to the stodgy food served. "

Good Lord above! She gained 40 pounds DURING TRAINING? What sort of training did she receive? Watching TV? Knitting? During MY training I was eating like a wolf. stodgy or not stodgy food, any food, but I kept loosing weight. "Lean and mean" that was the word, then. The world is coming to an end, when recruits put on fat... :lol: :lol:

#4 User is offline   FB 

Posted 04 November 2004 - 11:03 AM

:lol: :lol:

Ennio you probably pointed out what really happened behind the scenes, so to say. It is possible that Mrs. Francesca was doing anything but training, say constantly asking to go to a medical visit, permission to go out to have exams at school, in a word: she took the military carreer as nothing else than any other public job (that is: the negative, for the tax payer, aspects of it): do nothing but your own interests.

It is in fact rather strange both that she actually gained weight and that she was kicked out... public administrations aren't famous for such extreeme measures.

Ciao

#5 User is offline   urza1 

• Colonnello
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 November 2004 - 09:21 AM

:? Maybe little fat...but not too much :wink:

And she have said that she can make the training exercise well as the other women... :?

bye,see ya,gabriele

#6 User is offline   Ennio 

• LocationLuxembourg

Posted 07 November 2004 - 05:54 PM

With her 78 Kg. (173 pounds) would she have gone through the hatch of an APC in a real hurry, possibly to save her life? You know, women have strange shapes, with hips "like that"......
Kick out one to educate the others.

#7 User is offline   Tankredi 

• Primo Maresciallo dell Impero
  • LocationBaden - Germany

Posted 07 November 2004 - 07:25 PM

just a thought : could it be she is pregnant? :wink:
Chi si ferma θ perduto

#8 User is offline   Ennio 

• LocationLuxembourg

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:43 AM