Follow us now on Twitter!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lancieri Aosta in Ethiopia.

#1 Guest_Mickey_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 April 2003 - 11:14 PM

Does anyone have information on the military unit "lancieri Aosta-Centre" and thier activities in Ethiopia ?

#2 Guest_Lupo Solitario_*

Posted 07 April 2003 - 11:14 PM

mah.....the 6th "Lancieri di Aosta" is one of the oldest cavalry regiments of italian army.
In 1935, it organized a motorized task force which fought on the somali front under Graziani.
I've no idea of what could be the "centre" you name. If you give some extra info, perhaps we could be more useful

#3 Guest_Mickey_*

Posted 07 April 2003 - 11:15 PM

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure why "centre" is there. I' m researching my father's experience in Ethiopia. He never, ever talked about his experience there. I know that he spent a year in that part of Africa. I found out this name on a very poor photocopy from his military record that I was able to obtain from the Italian government. A certain amount of the document was blanked out. I'm not sure what this means. I have read Anthony Mockler's book, "Haile Selassie's War" and this regiment is also mentioned there. So I must surmise that he was in that regiment while in Ethiopia. Too bad he never talked about it. Now that he is long gone, questions remain about what he must have gone through. There is not much out there that will allow us to obtain a reasonable picture of his history or what this regiment did and where it went or what campiagn's it fought in. If anyone has information I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users