The Andrea Doria and Caio Duilio were initially built in 1915-1916. However, extensive modernization was completed between 1933 and 1940. Some modernizations included lengthening the ships by 11 meters, reboring and rechambering of turrets for new rounds which weighed 493 lbs. The final 18 months of the Italian war effort kept these ships inactive due to major fuel shortages.
|Main Guns||10 x 12.6″ in two triples and two doubles|
|Secondary Guns||12 x 5.3″ in 4 triple turrents|
|Armor||Sides 250 mm, Blkd 80 mm, Deck 140mm, Turrents 280mm|
|Class||Andrea Dorea, Caio Duilio|